Want to impact local science education?
At a time when concerns about scientific literacy and the low number of students entering science careers are high, APS has developed a number of programs to spark interest in physics.
As a physicist, you are in a unique position to:
- Help raise the level of science literacy
- Create positive science experiences for students and the general public
- Encourage the education community
- Be a positive role model for students, including minorities and women
- Strengthen the relationship between the science and education communities
Many APS programs benefit from the participation of APS members. If you would like to hear about volunteer opportunities available through these programs, please register to receive our notices. You can also see current opportunities online by following the links below.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Help spark enthusiasm for science in middle school students by partnering with APS in PhysicsQuest!